The BSO Professional Supervisory Association, I.U.P.A. Local 6006, consists of working men and women throughout the County who are in supervisory positions in such diverse departments as evidence gathering, child investigations, court services, detention, fingerprinting analysts, pretrial services, probations, treatment, technology, and youth services.
- The flip side of fair and impartial policingby Terrence P. Dwyer, Esq. on October 3, 2023 at 3:15 am
Some of those who espouse fair and impartial policing toward the public seem to ignore this fundamental right when overseeing matters impacting police officer rights
- National Policing Institute honors legendary law enforcement leaders Charles H. Ramsey, Lee P. Brownby National Policing Institute on October 2, 2023 at 11:10 pm
Both recipients will be honored during the IACP conference in San Diego
- The new era of law enforcement: Civilianizationon October 2, 2023 at 10:46 pm
Creating civilian positions in key areas will bridge current vacancies and provide a fiscally responsible way to meet the needs of the communities we protect and serve
- Who controls the rental car?by Ken Wallentine on October 2, 2023 at 10:01 pm
The lesson of both this case and the Byrd decision is that officers should ask any suspect who is not named in the contract about their control and authority to operate the car.
- Heavy fanny pack, oddly carried, justified friskby Ken Wallentine on October 2, 2023 at 10:01 pm
This case encourages officers to accurately and painstakingly report all factors relied upon to conclude there was reasonable suspicion to detain and reasonable suspicion to frisk